Friday, January 27, 2012

Alec Bradley Classic Blend Torpedo

Cigar: Alec Bradley Classic Blend
Size: 6 X 52
Color: Natural
Cost: $5.00
Drink: E&J VS Brandy

I've not had a lot of time to enjoy a smoke recently...but I'm back!

Today, I stopped by the local tobacco shop and walked in the humidor...without a plan.  After a few minutes of trying to decide what to taste, the tobacconist came to my "rescue?"  I told him that I wanted: light and inexpensive.  He recommended the Alec Bradley Classic Blend Torpedo.

I'll talk about this in a later post, but I'm not a huge fan of torpedo cigars.  I'm always afraid to cut the draw to big.  It's like I don't know where to stop the cutter.  Trepidatiously, I made the cut on this torpedo and was relatively satisfied with the cut.

Upon lighting the cigar, I smelled a pretty strong scent of grass - no, not that grass.  Since it had just rained, I wondered if what I was smelling was the fresh rained upon grass.  But the more I drew the more I realized it was the cigar.

The Classic Blend was sweet and stayed sweet throughout the smoke. Of the cigars have reviewed thus far, this was the mildest and the sweetest.  I was a bit surprised of how mild the smoke was because the cigar was darker in color than originally thought.  The wrapper is Honduran and the filler is Nicaraguan.

I decided to be frugal with the drink as well.  I tasted the cigar with E&J VS Brandy.  The flavors blended nicely together.  I like the band on this cigar - kind of intricate and pretty.

Overall, I really enjoyed the taste of the cigar.  I will most certainly be adding several of these to my humidor.

4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment